Monday 19 May 2014

Beauty| My MAC Nude Lipsticks!

Blankety, Pure Zen, Peach Blossom, Créme Cup, Hue
Swatches: Hue, Blankety, Pure Zen, Peach Blossom, Créme Cup

MAC's lipsticks (£15) are one of my most highly favoured lip products on the market with their amazing formulas, never-ending colour range and multiple finishes, no one quite does lipsticks like MAC. This explains why they have become one of my favourite things to collect, along with their simplistic, sleek but professional looking packaging that just completes any cosmetics collection. Being a girl who can't get enough of sheer, shimmery pinky-nude glosses, I decided to mix things up a little and go on the hunt for a perfect nude lipstick. Now don't get me wrong, there are a lot of drugstore brands out there on the high street which have great performing nude lipsticks but when it comes to MAC, the shade names are so universal making it much easier to track down a nude you've spotted on another girls lips that you just have to have, plus the slightly higher price tag makes it a little more satisfying to collect, bad I know!

Here is a little run down of my MAC Nude Lipstick collection:-

Hue - A pale, pinky-nude which is also renowned for being one of the best nude shades for pale skinned girls, like myself. It doesn't completely wash out ones complexion with it's subtle pink undertone and instead acts as a lovely, light, girly shade making it perfect for Spring/Summer. It has a Glaze finish meaning it glides on the lips feeling both silky and smooth but can occasionally highlight dry areas so exfoliation is a must! 

Blankety- This is a slightly darker nude in comparison to Hue and will be perfect for more olive skinned girls but that's not to say that those with paler skin can't wear it. This is my chosen nude for more often, evening looks with it's gorgeous pinky-beige undertones which really adds colour to ones face and brightens up a dull complexion. This beautiful bullet with its Amplified Creme and if-ever-so slightly glossy finish really completes a make-up look and I couldn't ask for anything else! 

Pure Zen- This shade is the perfect peachy-nude that still looks natural but adds a slight pop of colour to the face. This definitley has a warm undertone but still transfers subtle on the lips, making it a perfect addition to your Spring/Summer Lipstick collection. I can imagine this to suit a variety of skin tones and the amazing pigmentation, with the long lasting formula and ultra smooth, Cremesheen finish makes it to be a 'must have' in every lipstick lovers collection! 

Peach Blossom- A beautiful cool, pinky-nude that probably stands as one of my favourites out of my collection. The Cremesheen formula allows the product to glide onto the lips seamlessly and with a couple of swipes for a full coverage, you are good to go! If you are looking for something subtle, light but with a hint of pink that naturally enhances your lip colour, then this is the nude for you. 

Créme Cup- Probably one of the most talked about nudes around, this muted, dusty pink lippy with a blue undertone makes up the perfect nude for light to medium skin tones. Not to mention the subtle blue undertone enhances the appearance of white teeth, what more could one ask for? The Cremesheen finish gives a slight shine and the formula is long lasting but would work better prepped with a balm. All in all, a lovely lipstick which would be perfect for an everyday nude.

I hope you enjoyed this brief run down. 
For a full review on MAC's Hue check out this post here
and if you are after a statement lippy on the opposite end of 
the scale check out my review on MAC's Dark Side here.


Let me know what you think in the comments!
What's your all time favourite MAC lipstick?


12 comments:

  1. I have both Blankety and Creme Cup and I love them both! My all time favourite mac lipstick has to be Sweetie, it's an amazing everyday shade x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have and adore peach blossom! Can't go wrong with it... or MAC for that matter!
    www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have creme cup and Pure zen and love them. I really want to get Hue and Peach Blossom, they look beautiful :-) I love collecting MAC lipsticks too, I think it is the packaging and the cute names and the fact that you know they'll be good and long-lasting.

    Abby x
    whatabbyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great selection! My fav is cremecup but peach blossom looks so lovely, I might have to get it!

    Sarah xx
    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this MAC lipstick rundown! I am a huge fan of MAC cosmetics.

    Lets keep and touch and follow each other on bloglovin! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ellecharie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pure Zen sounds gorgeous, great post :) xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peach blossom looks lovely, such a beautiful colour!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Hue looks so nice! My first (and only) MAC lipstick is Creme D'nude and I always regret not buying Hue instead. Maybe one day I'll make a cheeky purchase again!

    www.alicatlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both Hue and Crème Cup look lovely, and now I really want them haha. x

    Céline
    www.fashionably-late.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Peach Blossom, although Myth is my favorite of MAC's nude shades
    Melissa
    xx
    ps. check out our MAC Giveaway http://scarlettsmua.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/100-followers-giveaway-mac-lipstick.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great round up! I love my Peach Blossom, and have wanted Creme Cup forever, but you've definitely added a couple of shades to my to-swatch list! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pure Zen was my first ever MAC lippie - I still love it!

    www.lindsaydavison.co.uk

    ReplyDelete