Friday 16 January 2015

My Top Shadow Sticks

L-R: Beyond Gold, Misty Rock, Frozen Quartz, Amethyst Aphrodisiac,
Amber Haze, Bad Girl Bronze, Bulletproof Beige, Rose Gold, Glistening Ray.
Shadow sticks, for me, symbolise an easy, on-the-go, smokey eye that anyone can achieve! All you need is your favourite stick companion and your ring finger and/or a blending brush and you are good to go. With shadow sticks appearing on the market in both high end and high street formulas, there is a stick out there for everyone. Today on Nails and Teapots, I am going to run you through my favourite shadow sticks in a multitude of different shades and price ranges. These products can either act as the main event to an eye look or an easy and convenient base that can be partnered with your favourite shadows. I hope you enjoy!

By Terry Ombre Blackstar (here) £29
These are probably my favourite shadow sticks on the market and also the most pricey. Yet, I feel compelled to mention that they aren't favoured based on the fact that their packaging is beautiful. Trust By Terry to create a product that's stunning in both the exterior and interior. These are easily the most pigmented of the lot and the overall look is nothing short then a metallic finish with extreme colour payoff. Wether worn alone or blended as a base beneath eyeshadow - these shadow sticks never disappoint. I've opted for the shades Frozen Quartz, Misty Rock and Beyond Gold and already  have a desperate yearning for more in my collection. My favourite look that is easily achieved with these pencil is to use them as both bases and applied to the waterline for an alternative to black liner. If you are a shadow stick fanatic - you need to get these. 

Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon (here) £19
These are revolutionary products for the shadow world. Not only do these have the best wear time out of any shadow I own they also come a range of clever colours to suit everyone - seriously. The idea behind these Colour Chameleon's is that each shade is made to enhance a specific eye colour with both a day and night colour to introduce an alternative. Considering I have green eyes, I opted for the two colours Amber Haze and Amethyst Aphrodisiac, which both do exactly what they say on the tin (stick). They emphasise the green tones and really make my eye colour pop - a feature that I love. If you're on the hunt for a product that will accentuate your eyes then these are easily what you are looking for. 

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour (here) £20.50
The newest addition to my collection and currently the one I keep reaching more most frequently. Although this isn't as pigmented as my two previous examples, the simple wash of colour blended underneath a similar toned base has easily become one of my most favourite eye looks. The formula is incredibly creamy and takes seconds to both apply and blend. Not to mention the shade Rose Gold, is absolutely beautiful and would work perfectly for a day to night transition. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick (here) £4.49
The cheaper alternative in comparison to the ones above is easily by Rimmel. Rimmel always seem to make great dupes for higher end products. The Scandal Eye shadows, although cheap, still have amazing pigmentation and extra creamy formulas. I chose the shadows Bad Girl Bronze and Bulletproof Beige. I don't find the wear time as long on these compared to the higher end version but considering they are more than half the price - this factor cannot really be argued. If you want to dabble into the world of shadow sticks but don't want to splash the cash on something too high end yet, I suggest to give these a go! 

No7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define (here) £8
Finally, another drugstore alternative bought to you by Boot's house brand. This is probably my least used of the bunch but that is not to say that the quality isn't still amazing, I just find myself not often needing Glistening Ray, an off-gold colour, to prime my lids. The formula is still really creamy and these sticks are perfect for a simple wash of colour to aid any natural day-time look. It is also the answer to what products you can buy with the constant flow of No7 vouchers from the Boots counters! 

I hope you find this post helpful.
Let me know your favourite shadow sticks in the comments! 

3 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! I really want to try the Laura Mercier ones. I don't have any favourite shadow sticks but I love the MAC paint pots.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look gorgeous!! I really want to get my hands on Misty Rock!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post!! I've never used shadow sticks before but now I'm intrigued! Always thought you apply it straight into your lids so was scared of stretching the skin there but Mmm ring finger or brush! Shall try it out! Hehe thanks!

    Eneshai
    Thebeautifulcloud.blogspot.ie
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete