Tuesday 17 February 2015

Barmy about theBalm

So we're back with another cringey title so please excuse my latest excessive use of puns. TheBalm Cosmetics, for me, is a new brand in my collection and one that has a lot of 'talked about' products (*ahem* Mary-Lou Manizer) that are completely deserving of the hype. I have tried a selection of their products be it lip glosses, eyeshadows, blushers and highlighters - all of which have had great results. Yet, the Schwing Black Liquid Eyeliner has easily been the most outstanding. I'm a liquid liner fanatic so I rarely go a day without lining my upper lash line to the point that I actually look 'incomplete' if I go without. So, because of this, I am always on the hunt for an easy breezy liquid liner that doesn't take my upmost concentration to apply. I recently wrote a raving review of the Benefit Push Up Liner (here) and have in the past confessed my love for the LancĂ´me Artliner (here) - both times claiming that these are the best eyeliners I have ever used. So clearly, I am not very faithful, but I am going to throw it out there and say now that THIS eyeliner is the best I have used! I picked this up on a whim, partly because I was overwhelmed to find a stockist for theBalm products in an actual shop and not online (easily pleased I know!) and partly because I never experiment too much with my liner likes so I felt like pushing the boat out slightly. I am now very glad that I did. TheBalm Schwing liner is blacker then black with incredibly staying power and an ultra fine nib that allows to you do a flick with no major casualties. The liquid formula allows for smudging time if this is the look you are wishing to achieve but also sets quick enough to avoid that black-on-upper-lid look that sometimes occurs with other products and is the bane of my life! With a bit of pressure the flexible nib caters for all your liner needs so if you like a thin line purely to accentuate the lashes or something a little thicker - this liner is the one for you! Priced out only £13.49, the quality is an equal match to its higher end predecessors or even slightly exceeds them in some cases. I strongly recommend you check this out and find out for yourselves! If you would like to this in action check out my Instagram (here)!

Let me know what you think.
What's your favourite fool-proof liner?

2 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about the Balm but never tried any of their products! I'm all for easy to use eyeliners though! I tend to use a gel liner and a brush, but even with that I can't ever get both my eyes even #bbloggerfail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love theBalm but I've never tried this! I'll have to check it out - it sounds really nice!

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete