Friday 24 April 2015

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bettina

Never before has the declarative 'my lips but better' been more fitting than it is now. I picked up another of the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils on a whim when roaming the counters in Space.Nk. I have owned a couple of these in the past but considering they've either been completely bright or totally bold, they tend to take a backseat during S/S. This nude completely caught my eye which is strange considering I usually like my nudes to be glossy or have a slight sheen instead of matte. As you can see by the photo above, the colour is almost identical to my natural lip colour and since purchasing it, I haven't really worn anything else. I do find the formula of the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils to be fairly drying so I strongly suggest using a balm prior to application but the wear time is incredible and the colour lasted a good six hours without reapplication. The pencil feels buttery during application and practically glides on the lips, a good attribution for a matte product. If you're after a new everyday lip colour, I strongly suggest checking this one out!

Let me know what you think!
What's your favourite matte lip product? 


2 comments:

  1. I think it looks a little too matte for me, lovely shade though! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the Nars Lip Pencils, will have to check them out soon. This shade looks lovely on you! xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete