Sunday 12 April 2015

The Lip Product Addict Tag

I thought I would do a light-hearted post for today after a hectic week! I have been meaning to do this tag for a long time after been tagged by numerous people and am finally getting round to it. I am a massive lip product addict (as the tag title would suggest) and wanted to share all my favourites with you. So let's get straight into it. 

1. Favourite balm/treatment?
This probably has to be the Soap & Glory A Great Kisser balm. I love the smell and love the peachy pink colour it gives on the lips and find it to be fairly nourishing also. I featured this in my top 5 lip products from the high street so check that out! 

2. Best eye-catching red?
This has to be my MAC Ruby from the Pedro Lourenco collection. Not only is the packaging absolutely gorgeous but the colour is beautiful and bold but still flattering on my pale skin. I often steer clear of blue-toned reds as I tend to find they don't really suit me so instead I opted for this shade as it was a slightly deeper and I am so glad I did!

3. Best luxury and best drugstore?
My best luxury lipsticks easily have to be from Charlotte Tilbury. Seriously, the packaging is heavenly and each and every shade is beautiful and feels great on the lips. I want to own every single colour of these! Best drugstore has to be the Topshop lipsticks. I don't know if this necessarily counts as drugstore but it's definitely 'high street'. I find these to be very similar to MAC in quality and also in options. They offer a range of colours and finishes, all of which work beautifully. If you haven't already, go and check these out! 

4. Best MAC lipstick?
This is a difficult one for me as you would know if you checked out my MAC lipstick collection  but this probably has to be my MAC Hue due to how wearable it is and how beautiful it looks for everyday wear. 

5. The most disappointing?
This has to be one of my YSL Glossy Stains in the shade 19. I am totally in love with the shade 14 and still consider it to be one of my all time favourite lip glosses. Hence why I picked up a more neutral shade for everyday wear as I thought the formula would be great. Instead, I find the pale shades to be patchy in application and the colour isn't as opaque as I initially expected it would be. If you want to try these out, I strongly urge you to steer clear of the paler shades and opt for something  more bold. 

6. Liner - yes or no?
Definitely yes! I never had been one for lip liner purely because I always had a preconceived idea of lipliner to be a thin line round your lips with a mismatching pale lipstick in the centre. Obviously, I was wrong and now own a few lipliners that I find work great either on their own as a bold matte lip colour or under a lipstick or gloss to give a stronger colour. My favourite has to be my Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk as it's a 'your lips but better' shade that draws emphasis on my lips but doesn't look too much

7. Best gloss?
This easily has to be my Dior Addict Lip Maximizer in 001 as it's neutral but beautiful, extra glossy and helps my lips look more plump and full. Yet, for a high street alternative, I am also in love with the Tanya Burr lipgloss in Chic which is a really lovely beige nude that has a great shine. 

8. Something extra!
This is has to be my Tom Ford Matte Lip Colour in Pussycat. I'm in love with this lipstick both for it's gorgeous simple but unique shade and of course it's extra-special packaging. This signifies the epitome of luxury to me and I am so happy I have it in my collection. 

I tag anyone who wants to do this! I hope you enjoyed this post so let me know in the comments.
What's your favourite lip products?

5 comments:

  1. The S&G Balm sounds lovely, will be checking that out in boots! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, some of the YSL Glossy Stains can be a little hit and miss! Really want to try the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the Dior Lip Maximizer, i've heard amazing things!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Topshop lipstick is such a pretty shade!! Great choices!

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lovely post! I'm obsessed with lip products! Love the topshop one's shade xx

    www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com
    check my blog out if you like xx

    ReplyDelete